1. You will keep money circulating in the local economy. By purchasing Australian made products, you are supporting the economy at every level - from creating jobs and local industries to supporting local businesses.
2. You will help maintain a local manufacturing base. As the pandemic highlighted, a higher importance must be placed on local manufacturing to ensure we can sustain ourselves in the case of future supply chain disruptions and shortages. Keeping on-shore manufacturing alive across several industries is crucial to our sustainability.
3. You will help retain skilled workers in Australia. Australia has been facing a steady decline in skilled workers since the growth of off-shore manufacturing.
4. You will help create Australian jobs. Every direct job in manufacturing leads to another 4 jobs in the local economy.
5. Kinder to the environment. Geographical proximity means that you can receive items faster in most cases than ordering the same product produced overseas. Not only are you saving time – you are saving huge carbon footprints in international transport.