Express Your Style with Ladies’ Tops from Eclectic House
Are you looking for ladies’ tops to wear to the office, out on the town, or just at home on weekends? Eclectic House has you covered. Our extensive range of women’s tanks, tees, tops and shirts includes something for everyone, from casual button-up shirts for women to elegant evening tops.
Choosing Ladies’ Casual Tops
Shopping for clothing is a highly personal activity. Every woman is unique; there are many different combinations of body types, sizes, tastes, and budgets. Casual tops for women include a wide range of options. When you pair the right top with the right pants or skirt, the result is an attractive and flattering outfit that will help you feel good about your appearance throughout the day. Here are a few factors to consider to help you pick out the perfect women’s shirts and blouses for you.
- Your body type. Dressing for your body type is an important skill that will allow you to choose flattering and comfortable clothes. You’ll want to select casual shirts for women that highlight your best features and camouflage those you’d rather not put out there. For example, if you have an “apple” body type, you might want to look for tops with a flowy shape or details near the top that draw the eye upward. Women with a “pear” or “hourglass” shape look great in tops that gather at the waist.
- Type of top. Ladies’ shirts come in many different styles and sizes. You can find petite tops, plus-size tops, and everything in-between. You can also find a wide array of colours, patterns, and prints. Choose a variety of tops that suit your tastes – some shoppers prefer to stick close to the same style across their entire wardrobe; others like a variety of tops and outfits to fit their mood on a given day. You can also learn about the brand you’re buying; you may want to choose a socially conscious brand that focuses on fair wages, sustainable practices, and more.
- Top length. The length of a top plays a significant role in its overall appearance and style. The best length for most of your tops will depend on factors such as your body type and proportions. For example, if you have long legs and a shorter torso, a longer top can help balance things out – vice-versa if you have a longer torso and shorter legs. You can also coordinate the length of your top with the length of your skirt or pants – for instance, a knee-length skirt can work well with a high-hip length or shorter top, while a slightly longer top can look amazing with a skirt that’s a little shorter.
Reasons to Support Slow Fashion When You Shop for Ladies’ Shirts
Slow fashion is a movement that’s gaining ground among consumers, who increasingly want their shopping choices to reflect their concern for people and the environment. Slow fashion takes all aspects of the supply chain into account, respecting the resources, animals, and people involved. It’s also about ensuring that every piece is made with quality so that it lasts as long as possible, reducing the need to buy more garments over time. Here are a few reasons to make slow fashion higher on your list of priorities when shopping for shirts for women.
- Less waste. In the world of fast fashion, you are encouraged to make constant changes and updates to your wardrobe to keep up with the latest trends. The clothes you no longer wear eventually end up in landfills, so it makes sense to own fewer pieces, ensuring that every item you buy is high-quality, versatile, and well-fitting.
- Less exposure to chemicals. Many factory workers and cotton farmers face long-term exposure to chemicals such as toxic dyes and pesticides. However, it’s not just these workers exposed to these chemicals – it’s also you, the end-user of the products they create. Slow fashion brands focus on using specific materials and dyes that are non-toxic and safer for you and everyone who comes into contact with your clothes.
- A smaller carbon footprint. The apparel and footwear industry accounts for a significant amount of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. It also causes the release of thousands of tonnes of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year. When you choose slow fashion, you lower your carbon footprint, doing your part to help return the planet to a healthier state.
- Better working conditions. Unfortunately, many retailers maintain low prices by having their clothing products by poorly paid workers in dangerous conditions. By buying ladies’ long-sleeve tops from retailers that support slow fashion, you’ll help support workers in safe conditions making fair wages. That’s a movement everyone can get behind.
About Eclectic House
Eclectic House is an independently owned local concept store based in Inverell, NSW. We are passionate about slow fashion, which means that we focus on high-quality, sustainable materials and timeless styles. Furthermore, all our clothes are made in an East Java, Indonesia village where we provide fair trade work for two families. We have also funded a small project: a village chook farm to provide them with another income stream to help sustain them during slower times. Our staff members are a diverse group of ladies of varying ages, sizes, shapes, and backgrounds. Our diversity allows us to respond effectively to the demands of our customers for clothes that fit real bodies. For more information, feel free to contact us here.