64 Otho Street, Inverell, NSW 2360.
Mon - Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday 9am - 1pm
Everything You Need to Know About Ethical Clothing
We’re living in a world where we need to find alternatives to conserve our environment and natural resources. Fortunately, many businesses are finding new ways of providing eco-friendly products. New fashion lines are revealed every season, and new trends appear; however, because these trends are constantly changing and the industry needs to make sales, the clothes need to be affordable to the masses. Therefore, they don't use sustainable materials. Ethical clothing is made from materials that have the lowest impact on the environment; these include cotton and hemp, among others.
The ethical factor also includes the dyeing process. While mass-produced clothes are dyed in factories using large amounts of chemicals, ethical clothes contain recycled or natural dyes or are left in their natural colour, reducing damage to the planet. This type of fashion is also known as slow fashion, meaning a delay in the process from manufacturing to the end of its lifespan. In contrast, fast fashion tries to distribute as many new fashion trends as possible. At Eclectic House, we believe in reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible, which is why we stock many clothing and eco-friendly accessory brands.
Benefits of Ethical Fashion
When you purchase ethical fashionitems, you are doing so much more than just contributing to the decrease in the negative impact on the environment. There are many benefits to purchasing these clothing items, and some of these benefits include:
- Higher quality clothing. The fabrics used to make eco-friendly clothes are of higher quality than those used to mass-produce garments. While the cost may be slightly more, your clothes will last longer.
- Supporting fair labour. When you purchase sustainable clothing, you empower local businesses and farmers who grow the plants to make the clothes. You also contribute to the wages of the farmhands and contribute to job creation.
- Best for your body. Our skin is our largest organ and, therefore, you should take care of it. Ethical clothes are made from natural materials and can reduce any negative side-effects you may experience from various fabrics and dyes used. Be kind to your skin and go green.
Tips for Buying Ethical Dresses
When it comes to purchasing ethical dress brands, you will want to consider a few things before you head to the checkout. Here are some tips for buying dresses that will stay fashionable to pair with your other clothes.
- Set your budget. Before you head out on your shopping trip, set a budget and be kind to your bank account.
- Check the design. To ensure your item stays fashionable, be sure not to purchase clothes with over-the-top colours and prints.
- Think ahead. When looking at a dress, think about what you already have in your closet and pair the dress with shoes or leggings you may already own.
Why Trust Eclectic House Regarding Ethical Clothing Brands
At Eclectic House, we only stock ethical fashion brands that strive to reduce their carbon footprint and assist with saving the planet. We are a small, independently owned business supporting locally-owned clothing and accessory labels that cater to both men and women and believe in being eco-friendly.
We also know that women come in all shapes and sizes and stock clothing for the tall and thin to plus size women. We want all our customers to feel beautiful and comfortable in their clothes when they walk out of our store. When you don’t have time to make it to our store, you can easily order online, and we’ll have the item delivered to you. We have ensured that our return policy is easy for our customers. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, you can simply return the item, in the original packaging and with the tags on, for a full refund or store credit.
For more information about the brands we stock or placing an order, don’t hesitate to contact us today.